Indy Eleven 0 – 2 FC Edmonton
55′ Daryl Fordyce (FCE)
85′ Sainey Nyassi (FCE)
– A scoreless first half hinted at things to come. Indy were unable to get a shot on target due to Edmonton’s rock solid defending and it was the Eddies who produced two threatening shots through Pablo Cruz.
– Defensive lapses gifted the Eddies two goals in the second half. Indy were able to produce a couple of good shots but continued to send balls high and wide.
– Darryl Fordyce (FCE) – With Ameobi hurt, Fordyce has been moved up into the striker’s role. He’s got two goals in three games; One saved a point versus Minnesota and the other opened the account here.
– Lance Laing (FCE) – The Jamaican notched an assist on the first goal and continued to look threatening all night.
– Dane Richards (IND) – Richards was able to take some shots this match but couldn’t put them on target.
– Tim Regan’s lineup choices (IND) – Indy’s head coached benched Zach Steinberger for this game. He’s been prolific for the Eleven and it’s a bit of head scratcher why he wasn’t allowed on the pitch at all. Barring an unannounced injury, the only explanation I can find is that Regan was a afraid Steinberger would get overrun by the larger players on Edmonton’s squad.
– Eight points and one extra game played off fourth place in the combined table, Indy now truly seem out of the playoff reckoning. Particularly when you consider they’re off on the road for the next two games.
– Don’t count the Eddies out of the Championship. Like last year they’re making a late fight for the 4th spot and might claw their way in.